There are more than 12 new bass strings being introduced in the market every quarter, and many of them have some or the other unique and advanced features you’ve never heard before.
That being said, if you choose any random bass strings, there are possibilities of facing some of the serious issues which can come from choosing the wrong product.
You don’t always have to spend a lot of money to find the best bass strings for your purposes. There is a whole range of bass strings and prices that can deliver the features you need. If you are looking for the top bass strings, a lot of factors are going to be important considerations.
You might think that all bass strings are the same but much like other products, there’s a lot of variety and the options can be a little overwhelming (especially if you’re new to the market).
Whether you want to just get started with a bass strings, we have affordable models or if you want to feel like you don’t miss out on any of the capabilities we have more expensive models. Read through this summary of the top products and find the best one for you to try.
Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound Bass Set, .050 – .105 *
- Most popular bass string alloy
- Well balanced
- Good all around sound
D’Addario EXL160 Nickel Wound Bass Guitar Strings, Medium, 50-105, Long Scale *
- D’Addario’s top-selling heavy gauge bass set
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals and booming, tight low end
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- String Gauges: Wound .050, .070, .085, .105
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
DR Strings Bass Strings, Black Beauties – Extra-Life, Black-Coated *
- Gauge: Medium
- Hand-made with black polymer coat
- Signature crisp tone, clarity, and volume of DR’s traditional handmade strings
- Super-thin coating on the plain strings and on the wrap wire
- Extended string life
D’Addario EXL160BT Nickel Wound Bass Guitar Strings, Balanced Tension Medium, 50-120 *
- Balanced Tension sets allow the player to apply the same amount of fret hand pressure to each string
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for distinctive bright tone
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Nickel Wound .050, .067, .090, .120
DR Strings Hi-Beam – Stainless Steel Round Core 45-105 *
- Gauge: Medium
- Round wound and constructed on a round core, which is unique in the industry
- Highly flexible and musically but not harshly bright
- Renowned for durability, unusually long life, consistency and string-to-string balance
- They don’t eat your frets. HI-BEAMS are the string to choose for brightness, punch and ease of playing
Elixir Strings Nickel Plated Steel 4-String Bass Strings w NANOWEB Coating, Long Scale, Light/Medium (.045-.105) *
- Electric bass guitar strings constructed with nickel-plated steel wrap wire
- Played for a rich, rounded tone with incredible clarity and a heavy mid-range presence
- Ultra-thin NANOWEB Coating, redesigned specifically for bass guitars, provides a smooth, natural feel that also enhances grip
- Our patented coating technology protects against common corrosion, extending tone life longer than any other brand’s coated or uncoated strings (Elixir Strings player survey)
- Long Scale, Light/Medium gauge: .045 .065 .085 .105
List of Top best bass strings in 2019
Here is a short list of the top bass strings products from each of the price ranges. Don’t think that cheap means poorly made, often the difference in the products by price are in what features they include not the quality of their manufacture.
That’s why we’ve decided to do an in-depth research around these bass strings. Now, at the end of those hours-long using sessions and analysis, we are all set to recommend the best choices you’ll have in the bass strings category. Obviously, we have our picks from premium, semi-premium and budget-friendly sectors. Therefore, when it’s time, you can have the best bass strings .
The premium segment includes products that are priced above a certain range. The quality of these and feature capabilities can make these bass strings deal for professional use.
The medium segment of the bass strings market has a mid price range which fits those looking for best bang of their buck.. This is a very wide price range to find products with such similar features but what differentiates them from each other is the approach they take to their features. These are higher end consumer products, but not the pro-summer quality of the premium segment.
Why do you need a bass strings
A bass strings is one of the most popular item that is going to be viral in coming years, due to its wide range of applicability in the industry. People may or may not be aware of the reason why people should buy a bass strings or why they need to have one.
How to choose the best bass strings for you?
To choose and buy the right kind of bass strings , you will have to be very careful in doing so. Because the bass strings come in a wide range of types, having different characteristics and capabilities and if you don’t concentrate on each and every aspect, then you surely would miss out the best one for you.
Here is a checklist you can use to double check your choice while selecting and purchasing it.
Determine the type and function you need
You should be very clear about the type of bass strings you need. Keep in mind the various types and determine the best on the basis of the feature you need and the purpose you need to accomplish. Like for a medium range product with a medium quality or a high end stuff.
Brand and price
If you have a particular budget or a specific brand in mind then do sort out the brand first and then look for further features.
Quality of the material
The first thing you should look at, is the quality of material and the sturdiness of the structure. It is important because the bass strings should be made of high quality and durable material to help it withstand normal day to day wear and tear.
Warranty and complimentary tools
If you can get a warranty from the manufacturer then it would be a plus, so look at this feature also. In addition to it you may also find some tool that some of the manufacturers offer, along your product.
Where to buy the best bass strings
Buying a bass strings could be hectic, if you don’t know where you can find the best brands and a wide range bass strings types to let you select the one you need. For this, you’ll have to search for the most trustworthy and reliable seller that will offer you all the best rated brands along with the best price available on the market. You can either look to buy it from a local market or through online retailer and stores like Amazon.
Most of the people have a tendency to prefer online stores like The amazon. The reason behind it is the availability of the wide range of quality products, trustworthy sellers and an opportunity to compare the products and pick the best one for you.
So, You can easily buy your bass strings on amazon at affordable rates and an assurance of a quality product.
The final word
This is just an overview of some of the best bass strings in each of the price ranges. The point is that no matter what your budget, there is a functional bass strings for you. Make sure you filter them for the ones that interest you so you know all the features and considerations of each. That can be the best way to identify what features you really need in a more expensive version.