It’s hard to come across someone who doesn’t love waffles. Waffles are more than a staple for breakfast – you can have a treat whenever you feel like, especially when you have a waffle maker at home. Even a decade back, there were not too many options, which is why people preferred visiting their favorite outlet for a quick snack. Finding the best waffle maker 2019 can be confusing, which is why we have listed down the right tips in this guide.
Waffles can be made in all sort of shapes and sizes, and you will find a bunch of choices in the market. Here are the common ones
- Standard models. Most of the regular waffle makers are about five to seven inches across. These are designed to make many waffles at the same time, and you can cut the waffles when ready. The design is such that the texture of the final product remains even.
- Belgian Waffle Makers. Belgian waffles are known for being fluffy and moist on the inside, while the outer layer is crispy and textured. To make the same, you need a Belgian waffle maker, which usually has deeper pockets.
- Cast Iron Waffle Makers. These are also called waffle irons, because you add the batter and place the iron on the gas top, making this an idea choice for those who are into outdoor activities.
You will also find what is known as the rotating waffle makers, which usually allows you to cook two waffles at the same time. These appliances can be rotated to pour the batter, and hence the name. There are also flip waffle makers, where you need flip the clamshell to make the second one. Please note that there are funky-shaped waffle makers available now, which do the same job but can create unique shapes.
What to consider?
Before we talk of the best waffle maker 2019 and the options, let’s check the factors that matter in selecting this appliance.
- The number. You may want more than four waffles at the same time, and for that, the standard ones will not suffice. Consider the number of people in the house before deciding on the product. Most waffle makers will make about four waffles.
- Temperature control. This is something that you need to compare and check for. Temperature settings are important because different recipes require different levels of heat for even cooking.
- It is best to find a waffle maker that comes with non-stick plates, because in most cases, amateur chefs and cooks have a hard time getting the waffle out of the appliance.
- A good product should cook the waffle aptly from all sides. The cheap ones focus on the center of the waffle, and thereby, the sides are often undercooked. This is also a reason why you should read reviews as how good a waffle maker works.
- All new waffle makers have an indicator for cooking, as well as, one for indicating the waffle is ready. Typically, you will hear a tone or sound when the recipe is ready to be enjoyed.
- Size and storage. You may want to get a big waffle maker, but if it doesn’t fit the kitchen space, the investment can be a bummer. Consider where you can place the product, and if possible, get something that comes with a retractable cord.
- Control on browning. Some people like their waffles to be really crisp, others prefer less browning. In some models, you have a specific button, which allow you to control the same effectively.
- This is one aspect that many buyers ignore. The best ones have nonstick and removable plates. Which can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher once the product has cooled down, and it doesn’t get any better than that.
While not compulsory, having a recipe book certainly helps in cooking waffles, and many known products will have one in the package.
Top three choices!
Below are the top-rated waffle makers for 2019.
Priced at about $40, this waffle maker from Presto comes with a rotating design and has a 7-inch diameter. You also have a timer for recipe completion, and the interiors are nonstick, which means care and cleaning don’t require extensive effort. The 180° flip design ensures that the waffles are cooked inside out.
If you need a Belgian Waffle Maker, this one from Cuisinart is a good investment and is priced at about $80. You can make double waffles at the same time, and there is also the browning control with six settings, which can further help in customizing the recipes. The coating is nonstick, so you don’t have to mess with cleaning, and there are two LED indicators that blinks when the waffle is done.
This product from KRUPS is priced at about $40, and it comes with removable plates, making it an easy one to maintain and clean. You can make four slices of Belgian waffles in a go, with browning control settings. There are also indicator lights that blink and beep when the waffles are ready. The extra deep pockets ensure that you can incredibly fluffy waffles – true to the Belgian style. The die-cast plates are removable and have nonstick coating.
Many argue that waffle makers are just one-use appliances, but despite that, you need to have one in the house. The best waffle maker 2019 is the one that fits you needs and expectations, and the better ones don’t really need any repairs and maintenance for years. Priced affordably and with assured brand backing, you can be sure about spending on one. Consider your budget first and find if you can get pancake plates with the product. Good temperature control, browning control and removable plats are some of the features that matter the most. Also, don’t forget to check a few user reviews, so that you can compare the choices better.