Thanks to karaoke, you don’t need to be a trained singer to lend your voice to one of the hit songs. All you need is a good and reliable karaoke machine, and most of them include everything – the hardware, microphone and speakers, so you can get started in no time. Of course, selecting between the best karaoke machines isn’t the easiest thing, because there are a bunch of choices available. In this guide, we will talk about the basics and review the things that really matter in getting a good karaoke machine.
Types of karaoke machines
- Kid’s Karaoke Machine. As the name suggests, these are meant for kids. These models are more or less all-inclusive. There’s a small screen, at least a few tracks preloaded on the machine, and a microphone. The pricing is always on the lower side, and some of the machines are designed for easy storage. Kids can also enjoy the cool animations and incredible graphics that makes the system more enjoyable.
- Karaoke Machine for homes. These are also one of the regular plug-n-play options that requires an additional screen for the lyrics, although combined packages are available these days. You can get one or more mics as well, which allows the entire family to have a group session. Home karaoke machines aren’t as expensive as the ones used for professional use but will cost more than a kid’s machine obviously. These can also accept media from different devices and can record performances.
- Travel-friendly karaoke machines. These are designed to be portable and easy to carry around, especially if you go frequently for camping and outdoor activities. Portable karaoke machines are not same as machine meant for kids, because these pack better technology and features. The speakers, screen, and mics are included in the pack, but keep a check on the sound, because you wouldn’t want to have low volume, no matter how portable the karaoke machine is.
- Professional karaoke machines. These, as the name indicates, are meant for professional use. Most of these include incredible amplifiers, better recorders and can accept media from different devices. The components can be purchased separately, but you can also get ready units that include everything. The best karaoke machines are designed to work well with home theater systems, and you can even spend more to buy something that doesn’t require anything but a screen.
Things to consider
With endless new and existing karaoke machines, finding one for your home can be confusing. We have listed down some of the factors you need to consider before buying one.
- The purpose. Are you buying one for the kids? Or you do want one that’s portable enough to be carried around? Firstly, decide where you want to use the karaoke machine, which allows you to consider other pointers.
- Most karaoke machines start at a price point of about $200, and the professional ones can cost thousands of dollars if you consider all the components required. Fix your budget and what you may want to spend more on accessories before comparing choices.
- Consider the source. From where you will source your music also determines the choice of karaoke machine. With online options available, CD+G discs aren’t the only choice anymore. Most of the better ones also allow you to get music through Bluetooth and other sources.
- Need for speakers. If you are willing to spend, you can buy a karaoke machine that doesn’t require additional speakers. Traditionally, buyers needed to consider speakers and amplifiers to get the best sound, but that isn’t the case anymore.
- Check what’s included. Some karaoke machines come with all things, while others may require you to buy mics and other things like a screen. When on a short budget, all-inclusive kits may make more sense.
If you are buying your first karaoke machine, don’t spend huge, because you never know how frequently you are going to use the product. Better still, get something that’s self-sufficient, but allows you to upgrade later.
Top three products
Below we have reviewed the best karaoke machines for your help. Check these top three products and select one based on your budget.
This Singing Machine product is compatible with Bluetooth Wireless Streaming, including YouTube. There 2 microphone jacks and 54 LED multi-color lights. There’s also a built-in speaker, balance and echo controls. The package includes one wired microphone, an AC adapter, and a demo disc. Priced at about $70, this one is a real steal, especially for those who have just started out.
Another great home karaoke system under $100, this Memorex karaoke system can be connected to tablets and MP3 player with Bluetooth technology. You have dual microphones, which allows you to perform with something else. You can also plug in a keyboard or even a guitar. Of course, you need an additional screen and speakers, but even with all of that, this is a good investment. (SingStand 3 has two speakers but buying a set is advisable)
Priced at about $350, this Home Karaoke System have been endorsed on many shows, including Ellen’s. Get live vocal effects with this plug & play karaoke machine, with over 300 effects. It includes a few features that are otherwise only included in professional products, such as natural pitch-correction and entertaining voice-morphing. Easily one of the expensive but better machines on the block, and you can get some decent offers on online stores.
Get a karaoke machine at home and you will never need to visit a club on Saturdays. However, do consider the installation and setup requirements in advance. It is also a good idea to compare options based on what you get in the package. The best karaoke machines are like investments for your family and entertainment needs – All you need is a good budget. Spend more than $400 and you can even afford one of the expensive ones.